Skip to main content

for the win(ter break)

First things first I want to say thank you Dr. Preston for making this a project these past weeks have been really hard for me espically finals week heres why I found out that you were leaving us for the other half of the semester then I looked at my grades they werent the best and I got upset because I put so much effort into onlinee school. I realized I should of done more things diffrent I realized i was proably a faliure and it was such a mess on christmas eve I was like let me go to my blog let me look back at the memories let me go see what we have done as a class and I saw what you uploaded so i went to email people I emailed 13 people and only 7 answered yes I was upset but that helped me realize which teachers and which friends are truely there for you and those I can relay on. This also helped me stay motivated I saw all the kinds word being told to me and I have been really upset not motivated ever since quarantine started and I was always the one helping others the one being there for everyone and when it came to me everyone left and this project made me feel a whole lot better about myself.

STEP 1: I emailed everyone i wanted to hear from although not everyone answered im post who actually answered

okay, i think your best or close to it was you realizing that you didnt need validation for anyone tell you, your worth. This was with all your previous relationships and negative comments from your family and friends and you realized to be yourself no matter what people say. also good qualities/strength probably good leadership, friendly, efficient with time, good communication skills, and good thinker (like for critiques,different solutions for problems)-Brandon Aguirre

You were at your best when you decided to remove someone with negative energy from your life. Even though it was tough you still got through it because you are strong. You also managed to stay positive through most of it. You have a great personality and I’m always happy around you.-Guadalupe Arcos

 I first met Maria at the beginning of this last year when she volunteered to stay after school to help out in the Agriculture Department. I believe it was around Valentines Day because she was helping out in our Floral Shop. What I remember most about her that day was her enthusiasm and how happy she was to help. From that day I knew Maria was going to be a great contribution to the Santa Maria FFA. Although the school year ended unconventionally, Maria still did her best to stay involved. This school year Maria is serving as one of our Greenhand FFA Officers, and as her current Advisor I can say that her enthusiasm and passion for helping others has only grown. This can be shown through her involvement in our Drive Thru FFA Meetings, our Virtual FFA Meetings, and in classroom (zoom) activities. Maria always volunteers to step up to the plate to get things done. I really feel like I can rely on her. If I had to pick one word to describe Maria, it would be altruistic - She is unselfish and is dedicated to helping those around her. Mrs. Rodriguez FFA advisor

one time i saw you at your best was when you were running for ffa officer! i always knew maria to be a more shy person and wouldn’t expect you to run for office, however i saw that you have a lot of potential after talking to you on the land judging team, and when i mentioned running for officer to u.. you seemed scared but you took the opportunity and i’m so glad you did! from this experience you were able to step out of your comfort zone to make you stronger than ever before! some of your strengths have been being personable and relatable which are 2 vital roles to a team! you are incredible person maria and you have a bright future ahead of you- Rebekah 

When I think of a great moment for you what impacts my mind the most was when you reached out to Carolina to try and encourage her to start attending school again. While it didn’t work out (she makes her own choices) nonetheless it showed your compassion to help someone else. You have a very caring heart and I truly appreciate that about you. Now if I can get you to find your drive to be successful on top of being sweet, then you’ll be unstoppable- Mrs. Springer

I can describe Maria as a responsible, respectful, and hardworking student. When Maria was in my class, she got along perfectly fine with other students, which means that she has good social skills. Although she was quiet, she was willing to participate when she was asked to do so. I consider Maria as an honest, kind, and likeable student. All students used to like her in my class and I was honored to be her teacher.- Mrs.Pantoja

I remember when you took on a difficult task under difficult circumstances. From what you told me at the time, it seemed like you were really challenged to express yourself and be creative when our class spent an entire semester online together, usually without even seeing the other students’ faces.But instead of giving up, or spending the semester quietly (as many other students did), you took the risk and put yourself out there. You asked questions, contributed to conversations, and created a blog where you responded to great literature and even wrote essays. Not only did you improve your skills, but you made the experience better for everyone else - including me as your teacher - and you even have a journal and a new mindfulness practice to show for it! -Dr.Preston

STEP 2: I thanked everyone who helped me and started wrighting everything on google docs since mine where all in one language I did not struggle although I would have minded doing the extra work and them made the word web

In my opinion I really didnt think about myself in the way everyone describe me I defined myself with nagative terms but I say the top 3 strengths are hard working, altruistic, caring nice friendly etc.


Thank you for making this a project it helped me so much. We will miss you!!!!It still seems unreal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOURNAL PAGE #3

November 10,2020  what do you think or say when someone makes fun of your lunch? I personally dont mind if someone comments on my lunch because you know we all have diffrent opionns. You know sometimes what I like other people dont. I personally got thougt to never judge people on what they eat sometimes you dont know if its the only meal they can afford or its there last meal so i always think before saying something that can offended someone. November 12, 2020  Some holidays are worth celebrating every day.  Feeling grateful makes us happier, healthier, and more productive, so why not celebrate Thanksgiving today?  Think of something/someone for whom you are truly grateful, and use today's journal time to give thanks. Its hard it really is I am grateful for so many people but truely I am gratful for everyone that is still in my life I couldnt be any happier, but if there was on person i am more grateful for it would be my mom she has thought me so many things for example i was go

Les Mis #1

My reaction first reading this book was I like. It was really intristing although i was a bit confused with what i was reading because I had to be gone on the day we started reading smh but its a good book i recomend and i am really picky when it comes to book so you picked a good one Mr.Preston.  It has some high vocabulary but mabye its just me being a little slow.